[Laakea-events] La'akea Upcoming Winter Events

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Fri Oct 14 10:05:54 HST 2011

Upcoming Events at La'akea Community this Winter

11/26, 9:30am - 1:30pm
East Side Seed Exchange & Harvest Festival!
At La'akea Permaculture Community Meadow Space

Bring your favorite dishes using only locally grown food
for the 100% LOCAL FOOD COOK OFF AND POTLUCK!!
Optional competition for best main dish, side dish and desert - contact
tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com for more information.

Bring Seeds only (Please no plants, cuttings, or keikies etc).

o        Exchange and give away localized seeds (bringing seeds not required)
o        Hear a panel on "Growing Local Favorite Foods"
o        Enjoy Hula performances
o        Dance to Marimba Music!
o        Enter the Local Cook Off!
o        Try new taste delights at the Local Food Potluck!
o        Meet your neighbors, other gardeners & innovative thinkers.

This event is free

Schedule:
Set up open at 9 am
    (bring your own tables and chairs, and
    scrap paper for small packets for seeds)
Opening Circle 9:30
Seed Swap: 9:45
Panel Presentation: 10:45
100% Local Food Contest: 12:00
Local Food Potluck: 12:30 (bring your own plates, utensils, etc)
Hula Performance: 1:15
Marimba music and Dance: 1:45

To enter the local foods cooking competition or to present your favorite
local food please contact Tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com

 Advanced Registration Required for all the events listed below.

 ***************************
1/17 - 1/22/2012
New Culture Hawaii Winter Camp
"Social Permaculture- Creating Sustainable Community"

This camp will be an intensive personal growth experience held at La'akea
Community.  Join us in co-creating safe, nurturing, inspiring community!
Come celebrate, be challenged, and enjoy yourself on the land and beach as
we share our talents, knowledge and hearts with each other.

Our rich program will have a focus on sustainable culture, including
classes in Embracing Your Shadow, Theater Games, Non-Violent Communication
practice, Heartbeat Nurturing Therapy, Taoist Qi Gong, as well as cuddle
puddles, gender circles, Tantra Pujas and a
creativity sharing Cabaret night.

REGISTRATION & Questions: anjalisa7 at yahoo.com  (808) 885-6040

Fee $350- $500 Sliding Scale (includes full program, camping/dorm, all
meals).
Deposit: $100
Early registration discount:  Pay in full before December 1st, 2011 and
get $50 discount.

For more information about the program, go to
http://www.newculturehawaii.org

 ***************************

2/1 - 2/29
Winter Internship

Participants will enjoy 16 workshops, half focused on permaculture and the
other half on communication/ interpersonal skills. This is in addition to
daily participation in community life and immersion in permaculture
modalities.  The fee for the month is $675.
For more information see www.permaculture-hawaii.com/residential/internships/
or contact Judy at info at permaculture-hawaii.com.

***************************

3/ -3/
3rd Aloha 'Aina Holistic Permaculture Design Course
La'akea Community, Puna, Big Island, Hawaii

Including
PERMACULTURE & ECOVILLAGE CURRICULUM
HANDS-ON ACTION-LEARNING
SOCIAL PERMACULTURE
COMMUNITY & DYNAMIC GOVERNANCE
ANIMAL SYSTEMS & FOOD FOREST GARDENING
NATURE AWARENESS & INDIGENOUS WISDOM APPROPRIATE TECHNOLOGY
EMBODIMENT PRACTICES
INTEGRATIVE ECO-SOCIAL DESIGN
INNER ECOLOGY
INVISIBLE STRUCTURES
SONG, CEREMONY, RITES OF PASSAGE
& MUCH MORE

Course Inspiration
"Aloha 'Aina" is Hawaiian for "love of the land", or "to love,
respect, and nurture the land." As human beings now facing a time of
great environmental and social transformation, we believe that it is
through this spirit of reconnecting to ourselves, to our communities,  and
to the Earth with a spirit of love and care that we will renew  and
restore a healthy balance of human beings living in harmony with  each
other and their natural environment. We are inspired and
grateful to be offering this holistic permaculture design intensive  to
the greater Island Community to further empower and synergize our  efforts
of personal, ecological, and social regeneration.

Course Description
The Aloha 'Aina Holistic Permaculture Design Course will include the
standard 72-hour permaculture design curriculum based upon the
original Mollison and Holmgren ideas and design philosophies
published in The Permaculture Designer's Manual, as well as be a
nourishing retreat and hands-on immersion experience of sustainable
living ecovillage design.

Certification Applicability
Participants who successfully complete the course will receive a
Permaculture Design Certificate. Design Certification is applicable
towards Gaia University Degree Programs.

Facilitators, Teachers & Constants
Jenny Pell
Jay Ma
Angelica Papio
Tracy Matfin
La 'Akea Community

Tuition & Registration
To register go to
http://www.livingmandala.com/Living_Mandala/Aloha_Aina_Holistic_Permaculture_Design_Course_2011.html
Course Tuition is $1500 U.S. dollars, which includes instruction,
lodging, and 3 delicious, nutritious, and locally grown meals a day  for
the duration of the course - 17 days.

Early Bird
Register and pay in full before September 12th and receive a discount  off
course tuition - $1388

Kama 'Aina Rate
We are offering a special discounted kama 'aina rate of $1250 for  locals
who live near by and are staying off-site. (real residents of  Big Island
only). An additional fee of $10 per night will be charged  for any nights
stayed over at La 'Akea.