[Laakea-events] Seed Exchange Sept. 22nd at La'akea Community

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Sat Aug 25 19:38:35 HST 2012

We need your help!

On Sept 15th and 21st La'akea Community will be having Seed Exchange
Preparation Mornings!
 From 9am - 1pm
Come in your yard work clothes and help us prepare the site for this
wonderful FREE family and community centered annual event.  We really
appreciate your time!  Bring a sack lunch or something to share with
others for the end of our working together, around 12:30.
RSVP for directions
*

East Side Seed Exchange &  Harvest Festival!*
*Saturday, September 22, 2012*
*9:00am - 2:30pm*

Bring your favorite dishes using only locally grown food
for the 2nd Annual 100% LOCAL FOOD COOK OFF AND POTLUCK!!
Optional competition for best savory and sweet dish - contact
Bring Seeds AND Plant Cuttings and Bare Roots (Please Check for Fire Ants)
o        Exchange and give away localized plant material (bringing not
required)
o        Hear a panel on "Preparing Local Favorite Foods, Dealing with
Fire Ants, Slugs & Rats"
o        Enter the Local Cook Off!
o        Try new taste delights at the Local Food Potluck!
o        Meet your neighbors, other gardeners&  innovative thinkers.

This event is free

Schedule:
Set up open at 8:30 am
    (bring your own tables and chairs, and
    scrap paper for small packets for seeds)
Opening Circle 9:00
Plant Material Swap: 9:15
Panel Presentation: 10:00
100% Local Food Contest: 11:45
Local Food Potluck: 12:30 (bring your own plates, utensils, etc)
Marimba Dance with Mwenje 1:15 pm

To enter the local foods cooking competition or to present your favorite
local food please contact Tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com
<mailto:Tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com>