[Laakea-events] Upcoming events at La'akea

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Tue Dec 4 16:00:35 HST 2012

*Social Permaculture Day*
*Dec. 17th*  9am - 8:30pm
Part of the 12.12.12 celebration!  Seewww.121212Hawaii.com
This day will give a sampling of some of the ways we relate to the land and each other, all led by very experienced teachers.  This is a great time to come meet our members, ask questions about community and get a peek into our daily life.

Come for one event, or all day!  See the Details below for full descriptions of the events and teachers.

Schedule:
All workshops are donation, suggested $5-15 if you can. We appreciate your support!
*Morning- Cooperative Connections with Nature*
9- 10:30 Permaculture Tour of Laakea with Tracy Matfin
10:45- 12:30 Soil Fertility Through Natural Methods with Dona Willoughby
Lunch Potluck*
Afternoon- Cooperative Connections with Each Other*
2-4 pm Healthy Social Permaculture- How We Keep the Joy in Being Together- Amara
4-6 pm Playback Theater with Judy Dolmatch
6:00 Local Foods Dinner- we cater?  $12, preregistration required.
7:00 -8:30  Dances of Universal Peace? Or just no evening time?

*"New Culture - Building Connections" Winter Camp*

*Jan. 15 - 20, 2013*

*See:**www.newculturehawaii.org*

Our rich program will have a focus on creating connections and living
together, including:
Communication Skills
Tantra Pujas

ZEGG Forums

gender circles
Cabaret talent night!
The daily schedule will include morning yoga, ZEGG-style forums for
emotional connecting, three meals and time for workshops led by campers.

NC WINTER CAMP at La'akea: $375- $500 Sliding Scale (includes full
program, camping/dorm, all meals).

*

Designing For Sustainability and Food Security
*
Course dates: February 9th - 24th, 2013

A unique, exciting, and comprehensive permaculture design course!

* Two-week intensive Permaculture Design Course (PDC) format includes complete permaculture core curriculum.
* Live and learn in a land-based intentional community.
* Acquire skills to achieve food security and create sustainable home systems.
* Design for your property or community during the course, with professional support.
* Learn underlying whole systems ecological design processes and techniques, tools and methodologies.

*Early Bird Registration by Dec. 15th = $1050 for full residential, $800 for commuter**
*
Registration and full details:
http://permaculture-hawaii.com/residential/classes-trainings/winter-2013-intensive-permaculture-design-course/