[Laakea-events] La'akea Summer 2014 internship and scholarship opportunity

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Mon May 5 12:14:45 HST 2014

6/11 - 7/9

*Summer Internship at La'akea Community *- Immerse yourself in community
life.  Live off the grid, exposing yourself daily to questions about
sustainability and permaculture.  Participants will enjoy workshops
(half focused on permaculture and the other half on
communication/interpersonal skills) and hands on daily life.  The fee
for the month is $695. This includes three meals a day focusing on
locally and organically grown foods.  Check out our website
http://permaculture-hawaii.com/residential/internships/ for testimonials
and more information.  This program is almost full, so send in your
application ASAP.

Bonus opportunity!
We offer two full scholarship positions for our internship program
available to individuals with experience cooking for large groups.
Please email tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com for additional information.

*Community Permaculture Tour and Open House*
*Friday, May 30, 2014 @ 9:30am
*
*La'akea Intentional Community, Pahoa*

Come join us for a morning introduction to our community lifestyle!

  We are a committed group of people working together closely in
community, on our 24 acres organic permaculture farm. We integrate the
social aspects of sustainability into daily life: how to live together
with honesty, love and peace, and share power and leadership.  We do not
have one central leader, but instead share the cost of the land and the
leadership equally.

   This is a great time to come meet our members, tour our land, ask
questions about community and get a peek into our daily life.
*9:30- 11:30Permaculture Tour of Laakea*
Take a fun and informative tour of our land, including our organic
gardens, alternative building methods, off grid solar system, animals
and orchards. Learn some basics of permaculture concepts and how we
apply them in action.

*donation, suggested $5-15 if you can.* No one turned away.
*
*
/call La'akea to register and for more info at 443-4076/ or reply to
this email.
*
*
*Let us know if you are coming.*  Thanks!