[Laakea-events] Upcoming Fall events

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Sat Aug 9 18:00:52 HST 2014

*Community Tour of La'akea Intentional Community, Pahoa*
Where: La'akea Community, meet at Main House
When: 8/15, Saturday 9:30 - 11:30AM
Cost: Donation, suggested $5-15 if you can. No one turned away.
More Info: /call Tracy for more info at 443-4076/ or reply to this email.

organic gardens, alternative building methods, off grid solar system,
animals and orchards.We are a committed group of people working together
closely in community, on our 24 acres organic permaculture farm. We
integrate the social aspects of sustainability into daily life: how to
live together with honesty, love and peace, and share power and
leadership.  We do not have one central leader, but instead share the
cost of the land and the leadership equally.This is a great time to tour
the landand ask questions about community.

*Let us know if you are coming.*  Thanks!

*1st Annual Hawai'i Island Women's Deep Renewal and Spiritual
Sustainabilitly **Gathering**
*Where: Kalopa State Park
When: September 24th - 28th
Cost: $270 including food, classes and accomodations. Partial work-trade
available
More Info: Tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com, 808-443-4076

Come and play in the misty, magical forests of Ha-ma-kua. Meet funky
fungi, spiraling ferns, and native trees, and wander wild, winding
trails.  Enjoy a variety of daily classes. Rejuvenate and nourish the
body with revitalizing yoga and whole foods.  Lighten the heart with
song, dance, laughter, and play.
Calm the mind with meditation.  Release, purify, and energize with
breath. Go deep inside with a guided drum journey. Rest and be soothed
by the tranquility and beauty of Mother Earth. Learn and practice
Hawaiian, naturecentered, spirituality. !

12 Weeks of Permaculture*
Where: Hawaiian Sanctuary
When: Thursdays 9am - 1pm
Cost: Drop in: $25 + tax, see website for additional options
More Info: HawaiianSanctuary.com or call 800-309-8010

Class Format: 9am, Lecture with Q & A | 10-12:15: Field Work-12:30
Gratitude Lunch from the Farm

*East Side Seed Exchange & Harvest Festival!*
Where: La'akea Permaculture Community Meadow Space, Puna (see contact
for directions)
What:  Seed and Plant Exchange AND Local Foods Potluck
When:  Saturday, October 4th, 2014    9:30am - 2:30pm
Cost:  FREE!
More info:  More information and schedule in future emails
Contact : tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com
<mailto:tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com>

Bring Seeds, Plants, Cuttings, or Keiki - MUST BE FIRE ANT TESTED prior
to transporting to La'akea
Bring your favorite dishes using only locally grown food for the 3rd
Annual 100% LOCAL FOOD CONTEST AND POTLUCK!!

*Fall 2014 Weekend Permaculture Design Course
/Designing For Sustainability and Food Security/ ***

Where:  La'akea Community - Meadow Space
What:  Permaculture Design Course
When: Fall of 2014: Oct 18-19 and 25-26, Nov 8-9 and 22-23, Dec 6-7 and
13-14: lunch included
Cost:  Early bird registration only $797 if paid by September 1st!
After = $897
More information: www.permaculture-hawaii.com or
contact: tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com
<mailto:tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com> 808-443-4076

This unique, exciting permaculture design course is designed especially
for Hawaii Island residents!
* Weekend class format -- no need to use vacation or take time off work
to complete a permaculture design course.
* Acquire the skills to achieve food security and create sustainable
home systems.
* Learn locally proven designs and methodologies from instructors and
presenters who understand Hawai'i's varying microclimates
* Develop supportive relationships with like-minded neighbors,
established organizations and professionals in your area.
* Design for your property during the course with professional support.

*Fall Internship at La'akea Community*

Where: La'akea Community
What:  Month long adventure
When: 10/22 - 11/19
Cost: $695
More information:www.permaculture-hawaii.com
Contact: tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com
<mailto:tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com> 808-443-4076

communication/interpersonal skills. This is in addition to daily
participation in community life and immersion in permaculture modalities.

*Designing For Sustainability and Food Security
*
Where: La'akea Community
What:  Permaculture Design Course
When: February 14-28th, 2015
Cost: $1200 for full residential, $850 for commuter
More information:www.permaculture-hawaii.com
Contact:tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com  <mailto:tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com>     808-443-4076

A unique, exciting, and comprehensive permaculture design course!
* Two-week intensive Permaculture Design Course (PDC) format includes complete permaculture core curriculum.
* Live and learn in a land-based intentional community.
* Acquire skills to achieve food security and create sustainable home systems.
* Design for your property or community during the course, with professional support.
* Learn underlying whole systems ecological design processes and techniques, tools and methodologies.