[Laakea-events] Upcoming Events at La'akea Jan and beyond

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Wed Jan 7 19:20:57 HST 2015

**/Annual Permaculture Design Course:/*
*

*Designing For Sustainability and Food Security
*

*Early Bird Registration Discount Ends January 10th!*
**

*Where:* La'akea Community, Big Island, Hawaii (near Hilo)*
When:* February 14-28th, 2015*
Cost:* $1197 for full residential, $897 for commuter*
More information:* www.permaculture-hawaii.com
<http://www.permaculture-hawaii.com>
http://permaculture-hawaii.com/residential/classes-trainings/winter-permaculture-design-course/
*Contact:* tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com
<mailto:tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com> 808-443-4076
<file://localhost/tel/808-443-4076>

* A unique, exciting, and comprehensive permaculture design course!

* Two-week intensive Permaculture Design Course (PDC) format includes
complete permaculture core curriculum.

* Live and learn in a highly successful intentional community.

* Acquire skills to achieve food security and create sustainable home
systems.

* Learn and apply whole systems design for your location.

* Develop local island relationships

$150 Discount for registrations received before Jan.10th 2015

$75 per person discount for two or more registering and paying full
deposit together.

"I expected text book knowledge with hands-on experience.  I received a
loving immersion into a life that breathes permaculture." - Feb. 2013
participant

"I realized how important community and communication are in
permaculture." - Feb. 2013 participant

*****************************************************************************************************************************************
*
*
Community Tour of La'akea Intentional Community, Pahoa*

Where:  La'akea Community, meet at Main House
When: Saturday, Jan. 24th @ 10 am
Cost: Donation, suggested $5-15 if you can. No one turned away.
More Info: /call Tracy for more info at 443-4076/ or reply to this email.

organic gardens, alternative building methods, off grid solar system,
animals and orchards.We are a committed group of people working together
closely in community, on our 24 acres organic permaculture farm. We
integrate the social aspects of sustainability into daily life: how to
live together with honesty, love and peace, and share power and
leadership.  We do not have one central leader, but instead share the
cost of the land and the leadership equally.This is a great time to tour
the landand ask questions about community.

*Let us know if you are coming.*  Thanks!

****************************************************************************************************************************************

*Dances of Universal Peace (Sufi dances)*
*Friday Jan. 16th,*
* 7-9 pm*   Laakea community.

Dances of Universal Peace (Sufi dances) are easily learned spiritual
folk dances from all traditions, with gentle movements that even
"non-dancers" can greatly enjoy.  Singing sacred, ancient phrases
creates a full body healing vibration, and when conscious movement is
added, these become powerful spiritual practices.  Each dance will be
fully taught, no experience is necessary.  These are interactive and
participatory, not a performance.

donation $3 to $10 appreciated    call Amara at 808-982-6755 for more info.

at La'akea community... go one mile past Leilani on Hwy 130, and turn
right on Alaili, go to when the road turns to dirt, then go right at the
next fork, at the sign.  Park in parking area, walk up to main house.
bring a flashlight... it is a ways to go. People with mobility issues
can drive to upper lot.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
*
New Culture Hawaii Winter Camp at Laakea*
*Jan. 27 - Feb 1st, 2015//*
*/"Social Permaculture- Taking the Next Step"/*
_http://www.newculturehawaii.org_

Hawaii Winter Camp will be an intensive personal growth experience held
at La'akea Community, on our lush, permaculture, rainforest land.  Join
us in co-creating safe, nurturing, inspiring community! Come celebrate,
be challenged, and enjoy yourself on the land and beach as we share our
talents, knowledge and hearts with each other.

NC WINTER CAMP at La'akea: $400- $525 Sliding Scale (includes full
program, camping/dorm, all meals).
Deposit: $100 holds your space
Early registration discount:  Pay in full before December 1st, 2014 and
get $50 discount.

/*