[Laakea-events] La'akea Events & Events by La'akea Members March 2015

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Mon Mar 9 15:43:51 HST 2015

*
*Community **and ***Permaculture* Tour
atLa'akea Intentional Community, Pahoa*

Where:  La'akea Community, meet at Main House
When: *Friday*,March 13 @ 3:00 pm
Cost: Donation, suggested $5-15 if you can. No one turned away.
More Info: /call Tracy for more info at 443-4076/ or reply to this email.

community lifestyle!  Take a fun and informative tour of our land,
including our organic gardens, alternative building methods, off grid
solar system, animals and orchards.Learn some basics of permaculture
concepts and how we apply them in action.

We are a committed group of people working together closely in
community, on our 24 acres organic permaculture farm. We integrate the
social aspects of sustainability into daily life: how to live together
with honesty, love and peace, and share power and leadership.  We do not
have one central leader, but instead share the cost of the land and the
leadership equally.This is a great time to tour the landand ask
questions about community.

*Let us know if you are coming.*  Thanks!

*
*
*Dances of Universal Peace (Sufi dances)*
*Friday, March 20th
*
* 7-8:30 pm*   Laakea community.

Dances of Universal Peace (Sufi dances) are easily learned spiritual
folk dances from all traditions, with gentle movements that even
"non-dancers" can greatly enjoy.  Singing sacred, ancient phrases
creates a full body healing vibration, and when conscious movement is
added, these become powerful spiritual practices.  Each dance will be
fully taught, no experience is necessary.  These are interactive and
participatory, not a performance.

donation $3 to $10 appreciated    call Amara at 808-982-6755 for more info.

at La'akea community... go one mile past Leilani on Hwy 130, and turn
right on Alaili, go to when the road turns to dirt, then go right at the
next fork, at the sign.  Park in parking area, walk up to main house.
bring a flashlight... it is a ways to go. People with mobility issues
can drive to upper lot.

*
****************************************************************************************************************************************
*
*
Cultivating Community Using Permaculture Principles to Develop and
Nurture Relationships between People *

Where: Kumukoa House 1314 Kumukoa St. Hilo, HI 96720 (next to UH Hilo)
When:  Saturday, March 28 at 9:30-12:30pm**
Cost: $30, students with I.D. $25
More Info: /call Tracy for more info at 443-4076/ or reply to this email.

Experience activation, inspiration and empowerment during a three hour
interactive presentation by one of the founding members of La'akea
Community, Tracy Matfin. This presentation will share the experiences of
a well established community, lighten your spirit and get you started on
developing your own personal tool box full of techniques to launch new
beginings and encourage old relationships. Laughter possible, smiles
guaranteed.

Tracy Matfin is an educator turned farmer, mother and permaculture
instructor. After studying environmental science at U.C. Berkeley and
teaching high school science for a decade,Tracy co-founded La'akea
Community. Sharing the community's living experiment through tours and
internship programs brings her great pleasure. She loves sitting with
trees, communing with the "weeds" and laughing with her daughter,
friends and family.

****************************************************************************************************************************************

*Theatre as a Healing Art*

Where: Kalani Eco-Resort, red road, Pahoa
When:  Saturday & Sunday, March 28 & 29 at 1:30 - 5:30 pm
Cost: $130 for both days, $75 Saturday only, $120 if register by March 21st
More Info: /call Christy at 808-339-2313/ or email
inspirationtolove at gmail.com

Explore using Improv Games, Psychodrama and Playback Theatre as a path
for self-expression and healing. This experiential intensive offers
healers and dramatists new approaches for their practices.

/*