[Laakea-events] Upcoming Events! Look for Dances of Universal Peace

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Tue Dec 13 18:36:54 HST 2016

*Love Heals from Within: The Great Magic of Hawaiian Shamanism
*with Stewart Blackburn and Tracy Matfin
at Kalani Honua
Dec. 19th - Dec. 24th

https://kalani.com/workshops/2016/love-heals-within-great-magic-hawaiian-shamanism

Hawaiian Shamanism, as distinct from warrior types of shamanism, uses
love as its primary tool for healing. In this workshop we will work with
the Power of Aloha to effect changes in our own realities and those of
others we care about. Using ritual, powerful techniques of the mind,
classic and modern forgiveness practices, and Huna-style shamanic
journeys we will explore many ways to become more self-empowered and
effective in our lives.

By loving ourselves we can do great things. By loving others we can help
change the world. During the course of this five-day workshop, we will
have ample time to let the beauty of Hawaii perform its own special
magic. And, most of all, we will have fun and enjoy a deep connection
with others of like mind and heart.

*Kama?a-ina Commuter: $585*
Kama?a-ina rates are all-inclusive and provide access to Kalani campus
for all instruction and course activities, three meals per day, and use
of Kalani's facilities <http://kalani.com/guest-info/facilities>
including our 25-meter pool, hot tubs and sauna. _A valid Hawaii
state-issued ID or driver's license must be presented at check-in to
receive the kama'aina rate_.

Dances of Universal Peace
Join us for deep sweetness, heart healing, oneness....
* Dances of Universal Peace are easily learned, with gentle movements
that even "non-dancers" can greatly enjoy.  Singing sacred, ancient
phrases creates a full body healing vibration, and when conscious
movement is added, these become powerful spiritual practices.  Each
dance will be fully taught, no experience is necessary.
*
*
*
*December 23rd, Friday at 7-8:30 pm*
*and January 20th, *
*call 808 982 6755*

at
La'akea Community,
13-3844 Ala'ili Rd.
Pahoa, Puna, Hawaii:
808-443-4076

Take Hwy 130 off of Hwy 11, near Kea'au, to Pahoa
Stay on hwy 130 past Pahoa
Just past mile marker 14, turn Rt onto Ala'ili Rd.
Go down Ala'ili Rd. about one mile, turn Rt into La'akea driveway.
Proceed past the "park here" sign to the "main house".
Park here and proceed on foot to the main house. - bring a flashlight!

Amara Karuna
amara at mindspring.com <mailto:amara at mindspring.com>
808 982 6755

*Community**Tour *
*atLa'akea Intentional Community, Pahoa*
Where:  La'akea Community, meet at Main House
When: *Saturday*, Dec. 17th @ 9:30 am & Jan. 7th @ 9:30 am
Cost:  Donation, suggested $5-15 if you can. No one turned away.
More Info: /call Aniko for more info at 214-4601/ or reply to this email.

of our members, to walk you around the land, including our organic
gardens, alternative building methods, off grid solar system, animals
and orchards.

We are a committed group of people working together closely in
community, on our 24 acre organic permaculture farm. We integrate the
social aspects of sustainability into daily life: how to live together
with honesty, love and peace, and share power and leadership.  We do not
have one central leader, but instead share the cost of the land and the
leadership equally. This is a great time to tour the land and ask
questions about community.

*Let us know if you are coming.*  Thanks!

*New Culture Community*
*Winter Camp
/O//pening to Life/*
*Come Join us for a totally Unique, Intimate,* *Amazing and Powerful
Social Co-creation*

Where: La'akea Community
When: Feb. 9th - Feb. 15th 2017
fee: $675 - $500 sliding scale

Join us in co-creating safe, nurturing, inspiring community, with a
focus on how we can be deeply connected with each other, with nature and
the world. Come celebrate, be challenged, and enjoy yourself on the land
as we share our talents, knowledge and hearts with each other.  Our rich
program will have a focus on a sustainable culture of interconnections,
including classes in communication skills, Playback Theater, massage,
boundaries and more as well as cuddle puddles, gender circles, Tantra
Pujas and a creativity sharing Cabaret night.

The daily schedule will include space for morning yoga, ZEGG-style
forums, three meals and time for an afternoon snooze or workshops led by
campers.

See http://www.newculturehawaii.org/hawaiiwintercamp.htm