[Laakea-events] La'akea events + more!

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Fri Sep 15 15:48:27 HST 2017

*Chickens and Ducks - available!*    A friend is retiring and looking for homes for 400 chickens of mixed varieties and 100 muscovy ducks. These animals need a home ASAP. Donations (~$5/bird) are appreciated. Call Conrad at 808-937-9389 or emailconramana at yahoo.com

*/****************************************************************************************
*/*

*/** /*

*Community **and ***Permaculture* Tour
atLa'akea Intentional Community, Pahoa*

Where: La'akea Community, meet at Main House
When: *Saturday*,September 16th @ 9:30 am
Cost: Donation, suggested $5-15 if you can. No one turned away.
More Info: /call Tracy for more info at 443-4076/ or reply to this email.

community lifestyle!  Take a fun and informative tour of our land with
Tracy, including our organic gardens, alternative building methods, off
grid solar system, animals and orchards.Learn some basics of
permaculture concepts and how we apply them in action.

We are a committed group of people working together closely in
community, on our 24 acres organic permaculture farm. We integrate the
social aspects of sustainability into daily life: how to live together
with honesty, love and peace, and share power and leadership.  We do not
have one central leader, but instead share the cost of the land and the
leadership equally.This is a great time to tour the landand ask
questions about community.

*Let us know if you are coming.*  Thanks!
/443-4076/ or reply to this email

Directions:

La'akea Community, Pahoa, Puna, Hawaii: 13-3844 Ala'ili Rd.

Take Hwy 130 off of Hwy 11, near Kea'au, to Pahoa
Stay on hwy 130 past Pahoa
Just past mile marker 14, turn Rt onto Ala'ili Rd.
Go down Ala'ili Rd. about one mile, turn Rt into La'akea driveway.
Proceed past the "park here" sign to the "main house".
Park here and proceed on foot to the main house.

*New Culture Community*
*Winter Camp*
*Come Join us for a totally Unique, Intimate,**Amazing and Powerful
Social Co-creation*

Where: La'akea Community
When: Jan. 10 - Jan. 16th 2018
fee: $545 - $695 sliding scale

Join us in co-creating safe, nurturing, inspiring community, with a
focus on how we can be deeply connected with each other, with nature and
the world. Come celebrate, be challenged, and enjoy yourself on the land
as we share our talents, knowledge and hearts with each other.Our rich
program will have a focus on a sustainable culture of interconnections,
including classes in communication skills, Playback Theater, massage,
boundaries and more as well as cuddle puddles, gender circles, Tantra
Pujas and a creativity sharing Cabaret night.

The daily schedule will include space for morning yoga, ZEGG-style
forums, three meals and time for an afternoon snooze or workshops led by
campers.

See http://www.newculturehawaii.org/hawaiiwintercamp.htm

*Back to the Land Lifestyle Stuff For Sale*
Another friend has left the island and is selling some items ideal for
off-grid / back to the land lifestyles.  These items are all posted on
Craigslist with pictures if you want to see them.

Lehman's Best laundry hand wringer, https://www.lehmans.com, new $184 ;
some rust asking $40
corker- Portuguese Double Lever + 100 Corks asking $45
Icecream maker, 4 quart, hand crank, stainless, new $259 lehmans.com
asking $130
Cobb grill set - small wood burning stove $154 new garrettwade.com
asking $50
Gusto BBQ set - small wood burning stove - $199 new garrettwade.com,
asking $50
army trunks, aluminum (3) 32x20x11 Military Medical Chest Watertight
asking $100 each or All 3 for $250
Bison shallow-well water pump, stainless steel: new $1179
https://www.lehmans.com/product/stainless-steel-shallow-well-pump asking
$995
Beautifully carved, solid wood, standing mirror frame asking $150 Make
an offer.
Beautifully carved, solid wood chest 19"x11"x10"high on stand 9.5" high
$125
Solid oak black desk chair with castors that need minor repair $30
Solid Wood Black Chairs with Castors - great condition, five available
$40/each, all five for $175

Call Tracy if you have any questions or want to see the items. 808-443-4076

---