[Laakea-events] Saturday Fundraiser and other events at La'akea!

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Sat May 4 11:36:37 HST 2013

*PUNA PONO FUNDRAISER**
**Saturday, May 4th**
**1:00 pm - 8:30 pm**
**At La'akea**
* *
*
Puna Pono alliance is an organization which aims to ensure that
geothermal projects are safe for the people and  land of the Big Island.
To learn more about Puna Pono, visit the website http://punapono.com/.

We are very excited at La'akea to be hosting a fundraiser for Puna Pono
on May 4th and we are pleased to invite you to attend. It will be a day
full of entertainment, education, food and fun (it's kid friendly, as
well!).

We hope to raise $4,000. We ask for a donation of $10-$30, but all are
welcome. There are lots of ways to make valuable contributions to Puna
Pono and a safe Hawaii. For more information on the event or ways to
contribute, contact Biko at 443-4076 or at biko at permaculture-hawaii-com.

Please come and enjoy! We hope to see you here.

FUNDRAISER SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

1:00             Silent auction. For silent auction donations, call
DENNIS at: 651-644-7447 <tel:651-644-7447>
1:00             Panel on geothermal.
2:00             Speaker: Geoffrey Last on risks of geothermal.
2:30             Speaker: Bob Petricci on Puna Pono current activities.
3:00             Facilitated small group discussion:  Goethermal in
Puna. How to get involved.
4:00             Break
4:30             Special performance! Hiccup Circus.
5:00             Silent auction results.
5:00             Dinner: Traditional imu (pit-cooked) local lamb, pork
and taro, with vegan options.
6:30-8:30    Music: Live Marimba with Kunzwanana and Mwenje Ensembles.
Dance!

DIRECTIONS: Laakea is located between mile makers 14 and 15 off Highway
130 on Ali'Ili Road. Look for signs.

*/Stepping into Our Power/*
May 18-19
9 - 12 and 2 - 5 each day.
at Kalani

Stewart Blackburn is giving a 2-day workshop!  This workshop is for
people who want to understand the subtle ways we undermine our power and
who want to deeply connect to their own inherent ability to change
reality.  Stewart has been leading La'akea residents, interns and
extended community in various huna classes over the last two years.
Stewart Blackburn is a modern shaman whose work centers around
self-empowerment and the importance of becoming fully who one is.
The cost is $120 for this workshop, lunch not included.

//

*/The Pleasure Journal/* is a free newsletter/blog with an ongoing
discussion of the Nature and Power of Pleasure. Come join us by
subscribing at www.stewartblackburn.com <http://www.stewartblackburn.com>!

My new book,/The Skills of Pleasure: Crafting the Life You Want, /is
out! It's all about getting good at feeling great! You can order through
Amazon or through my website.

for more information see Kalani's website or contact:
Stewart Blackburn <lomilomiman at gmail.com>

*Designing For Sustainability and Food Security
*Permaculture Design Course at La'akea Community
Two weekends/month: Oct 12-13 & 19-20, Nov 2-3 & 16-17, Dec 7-8 & 14-15,
2013

Acquire skills for local food security and create resilient home systems
Learn underlying whole systems ecological design processes and
techniques, tools and methodologies
Immerse yourself in a permaculture based interntional community
Weekend course meeting schedule for working island residents
On island instructors and presenters
Get professional support for your own design projects as part of the course
Develop relationships with island neighbors and established
organizations and professionals

Full course fee - $897
$75 early bird registration discount with full deposit by September 1st
$50 discount for two or more registering together with full deposit
discounts are not combinable

Registration and full details: http://permaculture-hawaii.com or contact
Tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com for more information.