[Laakea-events] Upcoming events at La'akea Community

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Mon Oct 15 10:55:14 HST 2018

 COMMUNITY AND PERMACULTURE TOUR
AT LA'AKEA INTENTIONAL COMMUNITY, PAHOA

Where:  La'akea Community, meet at Main House
When:  SATURDAY, November 3rd @ 9:30 am
Cost:  Donation, suggested $5-15 if you can. No one turned away.

More Info: _call Aniko for more info at 214-4601_

community lifestyle!  Take a fun and informative tour of our land with
Tracy, including our organic gardens, alternative building methods, off
grid solar system, animals and orchards. Learn some basics of
permaculture concepts and how we apply them in action.

We are a committed group of people working together closely in
community, on our 24 acres organic permaculture farm. We integrate the
social aspects of sustainability into daily life: how to live together
with honesty, love and peace, and share power and leadership.  We do not
have one central leader, but instead share the cost of the land and the
leadership equally.  This is a great time to tour the land and ask
questions about community.

LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE COMING.  Thanks!
_214-4601 or anikow at gmail.com_

Directions:

La'akea Community, Pahoa, Puna, Hawaii: 13-3844 Ala'ili Rd.

Take Hwy 130 off of Hwy 11, near Kea'au, to Pahoa
Stay on hwy 130 past Pahoa
Just past mile marker 14, turn Rt onto Ala'ili Rd.
Go down Ala'ili Rd. about one mile, turn Rt into La'akea driveway.
Proceed past the "park here" sign to the "main house".
Park here and proceed on foot to the main house.

*************************************************************************************************************************************

_CREATING COMMUNITY WITH YOURSELF AND WITH OTHERS_
FACILITATED BY TRACY MATFIN
HOSTED BY LA'AKEA COMMUNITY

FRIDAYS BEGINNING NOVEMBER 9TH, FROM 9AM - 12NOON
Come learn several of the skills which have helped La'akea Community
thrive. This series of classes is an introduction to many methods of
advancing self-awareness and clear communication. We will create a small
temporary community which meets on Fridays from 9am - noon. The first
step will be creating a safe container (see below) for personal growth.
Then we will cover the following topics:

- PEER COUNSELING as taught to me by Amara Karuna

- BOUNDARIES AND CONSENT, Network for New Culture Style

- COMPASSIONATE COMMUNICATION from Marshall Rosenberg

- FORUM from ZEGG Community in Germany

- HUNA, a Hawaiian Philosophy, as taught to me by Stewart Blackburn

- HEALING FROM WITHIN including the Skills of Pleasure as taught to me
by Stewart Blackburn

- THE WORLD AS YOUR MIRROR from Alana Nathel Miller's Mirror Project

- MANIFESTING YOUR REALITY as taught to me by Stewart Blackburn

WHEN: Six Fridays beginning November 9th, from 9am - 12noon
LOCATION: La'akea Community Meadow Space
CONTACT: Tracy Matfin for more information at
tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com or 808-443-4076

The fee is $150-$300 sliding scale. Please pay as your income allows.
Trades are welcome. No one will be turned away do to lack of funds.

** INTRO OPTION: The first two Fridays, November 9th and November 16th
are open as drop in days for $10/day to try the class out and see if you
want to continue!

Safe Container: participants must attend one of the first two classes.
After the second week the group is closed with no drop-ins available.

Tracy Matfin is an educator turned gardener, mother, permaculture
instructor and lover of life. She is a founding member of La'akea
Community (permaculture-hawaii.com [1]) where she has been living and
experimenting with sustainability for more than ten years. Tracy
practices what she teaches. She practices non-violent communication,
peer counseling, Huna (a form of Hawaiian spirituality), couples
counseling and group facilitation. When people learn from Tracy, they
tend to feel connected with themselves, the earth and one-another--they
feel good and have fun.

**************************************************************************************************************************************

AUTHENTIC RELATING GAMES!

FACILITATED BY CHRIS GONGAWARE [2]
HOSTED BY LA'AKEA COMMUNITY

SATURDAY NOVEMBER 17TH 5:00-8:30

LOCATION: La'akea Community Main House
TIME: 5-8:30
THEME: Opening to opportunities

Are you open to the life that you want and the possibilities in front of
you? Do you regularly feel alive with excitement? Are you able to seize
the moment?

On November 17th we'll be exploring opportunities, opportunities in
life, opportunities in connection, and opportunities in enjoyment. Come
play and co-create a lively night centered around creating
opportunities.

5:00pm Doors open - Drop in, Connect, Be Playful, share awkward social
time where we stand around, and Dance. (Hopefully we'll have music
playing!)
5:30pm It's tragic for everybody that comes on time to hear the rules
twice...Doors are locked promptly at 5:30 to create a safe and lively
container. (No promises for admittance after 5:30)
8:30pm Class finish - you are welcome to stay and hang out! There will
probably be a cuddle pile ;)

This class is professionally facilitated and donation based (suggested
$20 xox) No one turned away do to lack of funds!

Come explore the spectrum of human connection in a safe and playful
space.

AUTHENTIC RELATING is the antidote for boredom and neediness in
relationships; the inspiration for a new generation of human social
technology that will change the way we treat feelings and connection in
everything from alone-time and relationships to business and education.
This will be an evening of fun, highly-interactive exercises that
explore new ways of seeing, connecting and appreciating each other (and
ourselves) on a deeper and more rewarding level!

Side-effects include:
--Connecting with a complete stranger for five minutes and walking away
knowing them better than your own family.
-- Having the best feeling of connection that you've had all year.
-- Finding out what you really want, and saying it!

By 'games' we mean fun, highly interactive partner and group exercises
that demonstrate and explore authentic relating, and getting to know
yourself better while at the same time learning to see and appreciate
more about everyone you connect with. These games are NOT board games
like 'Chutes & Ladders' and 'Checkers'.

By 'authentic' we mean that there is no cookie-cutter mold for how you
"should" be or what relating "should look like". Everyone is a complete
universe unto themselves, has a unique style, personality, and integrity
that is perfectly *them*, and everyone is perfect and amazing as they
are (including their belief that they aren't.)

What can I expect?

Laughter, fun, nourishment, anxiety/excitement (while learning the
difference), relaxation, sparks of connection, feeling ALIVE, insights,
challenges, love, REALness, personal growth, transformation.

Who can play?

Anyone! Whether single, dating, young, old, etc., it doesn't matter.
Anyone who feels a desire to feel closer with people, and is willing to
try something new. (NOTE: These are NOT singles or dating events).

* Please note, out of respect for all participants and activities, we
will be closing the doors to start promptly at 5:30pm.

*Authentic Relating is your invitation to connect with heart, humour,
curiosity and to revel in the delicious medicine of human connection.

* You are fully supported to choose your own level of involvement at all
times. Simple tools and guidance are given to help you honour your
sovereignty and communicate your personal boundaries easily.

* You don't need a partner, AND you're most welcome to bring one (or 5)
if you wish: invite anyone else who might fit the bill at being real.
Authentic Relating Games are equally suitable and welcoming to single
peeps and those in relationships.

* This will be a mix of 1) An amazing time of depth, expression, and
connection that does not exist anywhere else in Hawaii, and 2) Creating
the life you want through learning REAL-WORLD TOOLS that you can take
home with you to enjoy your life, friendships, and work more.

* No prior experience is required. Lifetime guarantee, void where
prohibited, see manufacturer for details.

Location: A beautiful room at La'akea Community 13-3844 Ala'ili Rd.
Bring flashlights to get to and from your car! 808-443-4076

**************************************************************************************************************************************

BIG ISLAND NEW CULTURE
Winter Camps! at La'akea Permaculture Community

6 DAY WINTER CAMP: JAN 8TH- 14TH 2019
AND 3 DAY AFTERGLOW JAN 14-17TH

REGISTER before Nov 1st for the EARLY BIRD discount!

_ _

EXPERIENCE WONDERFUL DAYS OF EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT, POLY-FRIENDLY,
ECO-SEXY, OPEN HEARTED, COMMUNITY MINDED NEW CULTURE!

WE ARE EXCITED TO WELCOME YOU TO A TRULY LIFE CHANGING SOCIAL
EXPERIMENT:
_NEW CULTURE HAWAII  [3]__WINTER CAMP! [3]_

NEAR PAHOA, ON THE BIG ISLAND OF HAWAII
  http://www.newculturehawaii. [4]org/hawaiiwintercamp.htm [4]

"SOCIAL PERMACULTURE- RIDING THE CHANGES"

We are only 2 miles uphill from the recent lava eruption, and that has
caused a lot of changes to our area! But all our buildings are intact
and we are living on the land.

This camp will be an intensive personal growth experience held at
La'akea Community, on our lush, permaculture, rainforest land.

Join us in co-creating safe, nurturing, inspiring community, with a
focus on how we can be deeply connected with each other, with nature and
the world.

New Culture people are dedicated to examining every aspect of our
existing cultures and experimenting to find out how to create a world
based on love and freedom, rather than fear and violence.

Come celebrate, be challenged, and enjoy yourself on the land and still
existing beach as we share our talents, knowledge and hearts with each
other.

Our rich program will have a focus on a sustainable culture of
interconnections, including classes with well known teachers in
Social Permaculture, Polyamory discussions, massage, consent &
boundaries training, as well as cuddle puddles, gender circles, Tantra
Pujas and a creativity sharing Cabaret night.

The daily schedule will include workshops, ZEGG-style forums, three
meals and time for an afternoon snooze.

Please join, share and invite: https://www.facebook. [5]com/ [5]

_Join us longer for_
Paradise Afterglow
_Jan 14th-17th_
 A relaxing sensual, connective time, RESERVED ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO
ATTEND THE FIRST CAMP AND WANT TO DEEPEN THE EXPERIENCE, EXTEND OUR TIME
TOGETHER, AND EXPLORE NATURE!

PARADISE AFTERGLOW camp extension will be held at Laakea, and have a
focus on relaxation, sensuality and play. This time will help us
continue to deepen our connections to each other and with nature.

Explore the many amazing and unusual natural features of our area!
We will visit the nearby black sand beach, visit the local farmers
market and enjoy the live Hawaiian music,
 Enjoy our wood fired hot tub and visit the natural steam vent saunas!
We may get to view some of the after effects of the recent lava
eruption, which is now cooling off.

We'll have mornings and evenings to enjoy connective classes led by
staff, and camper offerings, and continue doing daily forums.

Cost for 6 day camp: $545-645 sliding scale.  Get the discount by
registering before Nov 1st!
Cost for full 9 days: $725-925

Register for camps [3] with La'akea Community,
more info email Tracy at tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com or call her at
808 443-4076 [6]

_ALSO AFTER CAMP DON'T MISS THE  _Hawaii Tantra Festival  Feb 2-6 [3]_!_

  [3]
La'akea Community [3] is a small, family style, egalitarian, intentional
permaculture community on the big island of Hawai'i. Staying with us is
a vibrant immersion in our community lifestyle, and many visitors find
it transformative and life changing. We are a committed group of people
working together closely as a means to health, relationship vitality,
economic stability, personal and spiritual growth. We focus on the
social aspect of sustainability: how to live together with honesty, love
and peace, and share power and leadership.

Links:
------
[1]
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fpermaculture-hawaii.com%2F&h=ATNiFgXmQLHb_ni-bvEhoVAiDLC4Mlv8Kors3UWIzc2KqZlUiwyvL1oMvP1vZY3-ewf9o3VGmvTrD_5iUouc7tWhnAxbQA2Z71zy23tc5gS9tdhRng