[Laakea-events] March Events - Last Dances of Universal Peace until next November!

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Wed Mar 6 19:03:55 HST 2019

ENERGY ECSTASY TANTRA CEREMONY
FRIDAY MARCH 8TH!
with Amara Karuna

 7-9:30 PM   Laakea community.

Would you like to learn to connect more deeply and intimately with
others?

Breath. Presence. Feeling. Energy.
You are invited to join us in celebrating the mystery of our energetic
bodies, and how we can play with them together!
We will create a safe space for deep connection, respectful sensuality
and intimacy, creative movement, play and touch.

These practices focus on the subtle energy bodies and the energy flow
between us, and are very playful and deep. Fully clothed, meeting people
of different genders as we contact the deeper levels of our beings.

$17 per person, $30 per couple

About Amara

Amara Karuna has been involved with Network for New Culture for many
years and is the Director of the New Culture Hawaii Winter Camp. She
lives in Oregon and on the Big Island of Hawaii in the New Culture
community called La'akea Permaculture Community.
In 1989, she developed her own approach to peer counseling, called
Holistic Peer Counseling integrating counseling with spiritual
meditation practices, psychic healing, breath work and body centered
techniques. She has studied 6 different methods of pelvic bodywork, and
has taught Sacred Pelvic Healing Work for men and women, and led Tantra
Pujas and rituals since 2007.

Amara developed Heartbeat Nurturing Therapy, a method of healing the
inner infant-self using cradling, hypnotic induction and suckling to
address emotional issues stemming from lack of breast feeding & loving
closeness as an infant. She is the author of "Heartbeat Nurturing
Therapy- Healing Our Hearts Together" a guide for trading the therapy
with others.
See http://www.karuna-sacredloving.com [1]
for counseling, classes, workshops, writings, videos

DIRECTIONS:

at La'akea community... go one mile past Leilani on Hwy 130, and turn
right on Alaili, then go right at the driveway , at the Laakea sign.
Park in parking area, walk up to main house. bring a flashlight... it is
a ways to go.  People with mobility issues can drive to upper lot.

Dances of Universal Peace

SATURDAY MARCH 9TH!
with Amara Karuna and friends

 7-8:30 PM   Laakea community.

Dances of Universal Peace (Sufi dances) are easily learned spiritual
folk dances from all traditions, with gentle movements that even
"non-dancers" can greatly enjoy.  Singing sacred, ancient phrases
creates a full body healing vibration, and when conscious movement is
added, these become powerful spiritual practices.  Each dance will be
fully taught, no experience is necessary.  These are interactive and
participatory, not a performance. Kids are welcome - if participatory.
Kids who need more attention and become a continued distraction will be
asked to leave.

donation $5 to $10 appreciated    call Amara at 808-982-6755  for more
info.

**********************************************************************************************************************
  LA'AKEA COMMUNITY TOUR
WITH ANIKO
Where:  La'akea Community, meet at Main House
When:  SATURDAY MARCH 16TH AND APRIL 6TH,  @ 9:30 am
Cost:  Donation, suggested $5-15 if you can. No one turned away.
More Info: _call Aniko for more info at 214-4601_

community lifestyle!  Take a fun and informative tour of our land with
Aniko, including our organic gardens, alternative building methods, off
grid solar system, animals and orchards. Learn some basics of
permaculture concepts and how we apply them in action.

We are a committed group of people working together closely in
community, on our 24 acres organic permaculture farm. We integrate the
social aspects of sustainability into daily life: how to live together
with honesty, love and peace, and share power and leadership.  We do not
have one central leader, but instead share the cost of the land and the
leadership equally.  This is a great time to tour the land and ask
questions about community.

 LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE COMING.  Thanks!
_214-4601 or anikow at gmail.com_

Authentic Relating Games

SUNDAY MARCH 17TH!
with Lynn, Shine, Patrick and Kana

 5:30-8:30 PM   Laakea community.

What is this!? What are Authentic Relating Games?

Authenticity is acting and speaking in alignment with our inner
feelings, desires, and needs--our truth. Authentic Relating (AR) is the
practice of bringing our truth into connection with others', so that we
can weave a more rich human experience.

Authentic Relating Games are an easy and fun way to introduce AR into
daily life. They can help us experience deeper connections, boost
empathy, see the world through others' eyes, and understand ourselves
better so that we can enjoy life more. The games are fun, highly
interactive partner and group exercises that demonstrate and explore AR,
and getting to know yourself better while at the same time learning to
see and appreciate more about everyone you connect with. These games are
NOT board games like 'Chutes & Ladders' or 'Checkers' (they're better
😉).

Authentic also means that there is no cookie-cutter mold for how you
"should" be or what relating "should look like". Everyone is a complete
universe unto themselves, has a unique style, personality, and integrity
that is perfectly them, and everyone is perfect and amazing as they are
(including in their belief that they aren't.)

Suggested donation $15.

Join us for a FUN night of connection! Be the Authentic YOU!
Please plan to arrive early to park and walk to community room.
Doors will close promptly at 5:30.

To get to La' Akea community, take Highway 130. Go one mile past Leilani
and turn right on Alaili. Follow Alaili and make a right at the driveway
at the La' akea sign. Park in the first parking area and walk up to the
main house. Bring a flashlight for the walk up the driveway

Aloha! See you on March 17th!
Your hosts,
Lynn, Shine, Patrick and Kana

Links: