[Laakea-events] La'akea events - Nov, Dec, Jan

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Wed Nov 20 18:07:39 HST 2019

*La'akea Community
**
*
*13-3844 Ala'ili Rd.
Pahoa, Puna, Hawaii:
808-443-4076**

*

*About us: We are a group of people committed to working together
closely in community on our 24 acres of land. We apply and experiment
with sustainable systems, including off-grid technologies like solar
power, water catchment and composting in addition to food forests and
animal systems. We integrate the social aspects of sustainability into
daily life: how to live together with honesty, love and peace. We do not
have one central leader, but instead share equally in the expenses of
the community and the responsibilities of leadership.
*
*
*
**_*Directions: (visit by appointment only)
*_
*Take Hwy 130 off of Hwy 11, near Kea'au, to Pahoa *
*Stay on hwy 130 past Pahoa *
*Just past mile marker 14, turn Rt onto Ala'ili Rd. *
*Go down Ala'ili Rd. about one mile, turn Rt into La'akea driveway.  -
Park as directed by registration*
*
*
*UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED, ALL EVENTS AT LA'AKEA COMMUNITY (MEET AT
THE MAIN HOUSE)
*

*

**Puna Seed Exchange & Regenertive Agriculture Festival
**

*Saturday, *November 23rd @ 12:00 noon - 8pm
AT Hawaiian Sanctuary
in collaboration with the Hawaii Farmer's Union United, Puna Chapter

Cost: Free for HFUU Members. Join today: http://hfuuhi.org
<http://hfuuhi.org>
<http://hfuuhi.org>*Only $5.00 for non-members* <http://hfuuhi.org>

Band, and more.

Here is the event schedule (same info on the facebook event post)
https://www.facebook.com/events/2314430242018280/
Music starts at 4:15pm: Featuring the Kunzwa Marimba Band &
Ascension Alchemy
Educational Workshops, Vendors, Informational Booths & Local Food all day!
Schedule:
_Grow Room_
12:15: Kava/Awa Ceremony Opening Circle with Keoni
12:30-1:30: Main Seed Exchange Event, then on-going until 4:30.
1:30-2:15 Tracy Matfin: Cooking with Local Perennials
2:30-3:30 Dr. Ming Wei Koh of C4GTS: Seed Explorations
3:30-4:15 Anthony Anderson of Grow Paradise: Grafting
4:15- Music Begins with the Kunzwa Marimba Band, then Ascension Alchemy
at 6:15
_Laka Lounge_
1:00-1:30 Nami Nielipinski: Seed Soak Solution for Vegan Natural Farmers
1:30-2:15 Ilana Stout: Seed Saving Basics
2:30-3:15 Drake Weinert: Korean Natural Farming
3:30-4:15 Britton Price: Hawaii Seed Growers Network: Local Seeds for
Local Needs
We will also have a fun Keiki Zone, but parents must supervise at all
times -do not leave your children unattended.
Seed Exchange Protocol:
Aloha Seed Exchangers!
If you intend to share seed, please only bring seeds and bareroot
cuttings to reduce the chance of spreading little fire ants. Please be
at Hawaiian Sanctuary ready to exchange seeds by 12:30 pm. We will have
some envelopes/bags to gather your seeds and a pen to label them, and we
have a few tables and chairs, but If you can bring your own supplies
that would help.
Mahalo and Way to Grow, Puna!
Free for HFUU Members. Join today: http://hfuuhi.org
*

*Hand's on the Land Workdays*

*Wednesdays*@ 9:00 am, let us know if you're coming

Cost: Free. Lunch included or take home some produce!

party at La'akea. The morning will start by getting acquainted and
learning about the project before proceeding to work. The work party
will transition into sharing the preparation and enjoyment of lunch or
it will include a harvest period where you get to take home some fresh
produce.

More Info: call Tracy for more info at 808-443-4076 or reply to this
email. PLEASE RSVP

*
*Community**Tour *

*Saturday*, December 7th@ 9:30 am

Cost: Donation, suggested $5-15 if you can. No one turned away.

of our members, to walk you around the land, including our organic
gardens, alternative building methods, off grid solar system, animals
and orchards.

More Info: call Aniko for more info at 808-214-4601 or reply to this
email. PLEASE RSVP

*

*Marimba - CD Release Dance Party
*

*Saturday December 14th*

*/7:00-9:00pm /*

$10 at the door

Kukuau Studio, Hilo

This Saturday Kunzwa marimba band will be celebrating a live recording
we made at Kukuau music studio last June. We are asking all our friends
and supporters to come on out and dance! This has been a long time
coming and we're finally there!

*
Dances of Universal Peace
Join us for deep sweetness, heart healing, oneness….
* Dances of Universal Peace are easily learned, with gentle movements
that even "non-dancers" can greatly enjoy.  Singing sacred, ancient
phrases creates a full body healing vibration, and when conscious
movement is added, these become powerful spiritual practices.  Each
dance will be fully taught, no experience is necessary.
*
*
*
*December 20th, Friday at 7-8:30 pm*

at
La'akea Community,
13-3844 Ala'ili Rd.
Pahoa, Puna, Hawaii:
808-443-4076

   bring a flashlight!

Amara Karuna
amara at mindspring.com <mailto:amara at mindspring.com>
808 982 6755

*
*
*

Join the 2020 Winter Fun at La'akea!
New Culture Winter Camp <https://www.newculturehawaii.org/> January 7-16th
ISTA Level 1 <http://www.karuna-retreats.com/ista-hawaii-l1/>, from Jan
24-30th
and ISTA Level 2 <http://www.karuna-retreats.com/ista-hawaii-l2/>Feb 5-11th
*
******************
*We are excited to welcome you to a truly life changing social experiment:*
*
*/New Culture Hawaii /**/Winter Camp!/*

*//*
*/
/*
*6 day Winter Camp: Jan 7th- 13th 2020 *
*and 3 Day Afterglow Camp Jan 13-16th*
*
*
*near Pahoa, on the Big Island of Hawaii*
*<https://www.newculturehawaii.org/>*http://www.newculturehawaii.
<https://www.newculturehawaii.org/>org/hawaiiwintercamp.htm
<https://www.newculturehawaii.org/>
*
*
*"Social Permaculture- **Opening to New Paths"*

We are only 2 miles uphill from the recent lava eruption, and that has
caused a lot of changes to our area! But all our buildings are intact,
and we are living on the land which is lush and green again, and the
eruption has stopped.

We welcome you to come join us, and take a look at all the amazing
effects of the recent Lava flow!  Having you with us is very supportive
and healing to us all!

This camp will be an intensive personal growth experience held at
La'akea Community, on our lush, permaculture, rainforest land.

Join us in co-creating safe, nurturing, inspiring community, with a
focus on how we can be deeply connected with each other, with nature and
the world.

New Culture people are dedicated to examining every aspect of our
existing cultures and experimenting to find out how to create a
world based on love and freedom, rather than fear and violence.

Come celebrate, be challenged, and enjoy yourself on the land and still
existing beach as we share our talents, knowledge and hearts with each
other.

Our rich program will have a focus on a sustainable culture
of interconnections, including classes with well known teachers in
Social Permaculture, Polyamory discussions, massage, consent &
boundaries training, as well as cuddle puddles, gender support circles,
Tantra Pujas and a creativity sharing Cabaret night.

The daily schedule will include workshops, ZEGG-style forums, three
meals and time for an afternoon snooze.

Please join, share and invite: https://www.facebook.
<https://www.facebook.com/events/628224334298186/>com/
<https://www.facebook.com/events/628224334298186/>

/Join us longer for/
/Paradise Afterglow/
/Jan 13th-16th/
  A relaxing sensual, connective time,
*reserved only for people who attend the first camp and want to deepen
the experience, extend our time together, and explore nature!*

*Paradise Afterglow camp extension will be held at Laakea, and have a
focus on relaxation, sensuality and play. This time will help us
continue to deepen our connections to each other and with nature. *
Explore the many amazing and unusual natural features of our area! We
will visit the nearby black sand beach, visit the local farmers market
and enjoy the live Hawaiian music,
Enjoy our wood fired hot tub!
We may get to view some of the after effects of the recent lava
eruption, which is now cooling off.

We'll have mornings and evenings to enjoy connective classes led by
staff, and camper offerings, and continue doing daily forums.

Cost for 6 day camp: $585-750 sliding scale.
Cost for full 9 days: $755-955

Get the Early discount by registering before Nov 1st!

Register for camps with La'akea Community,
https://forms.gle/em53BjqoSnngjvfV7
<https://forms.gle/em53BjqoSnngjvfV7><https://forms.gle/em53BjqoSnngjvfV7>

more info email Tracy at tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com
<mailto:tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com> or call her at 808 443-4076

La'akea Community is a small, family style, egalitarian, intentional
permaculture community on the big island of Hawai'i. Staying with us is
a vibrant immersion in our community lifestyle, and many visitors find
it transformative and life changing. We are a committed group of people
working together closely as a means to health, relationship vitality,
economic stability, personal and spiritual growth. We focus on the
social aspect of sustainability: how to live together with honesty,
love and peace, and share power and leadership.
See www.permaculture-hawaii.com

Contact Tracy for more information about Kama'aina discounts and partial
scholarships
**