[Laakea-events] Upcoming La'akea Events

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Thu Feb 13 14:37:23 HST 2020

*La'akea Community
**
*
*13-3844 Ala'ili Rd.
Pahoa, Puna, Hawaii:
808-443-4076**

*

*About us: We are a group of people committed to working together
closely in community on our 24 acres of land. We apply and experiment
with sustainable systems, including off-grid technologies like solar
power, water catchment and composting in addition to food forests and
animal systems. We integrate the social aspects of sustainability into
daily life: how to live together with honesty, love and peace. We do not
have one central leader, but instead share equally in the expenses of
the community and the responsibilities of leadership.
*
*
*
**_*Directions: (visit by appointment only)
*_
*Take Hwy 130 off of Hwy 11, near Kea'au, to Pahoa *
*Stay on hwy 130 past Pahoa *
*Just past mile marker 14, turn Rt onto Ala'ili Rd. *
*Go down Ala'ili Rd. about one mile, turn Rt into La'akea driveway.  -
Park as directed by registration*
*
*
*UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED, ALL EVENTS AT LA'AKEA COMMUNITY (MEET AT
THE MAIN HOUSE)
*

*

Dances of Universal Peace
Join us for deep sweetness, heart healing, oneness….
* Dances of Universal Peace are easily learned, with gentle movements
that even "non-dancers" can greatly enjoy.  Singing sacred, ancient
phrases creates a full body healing vibration, and when conscious
movement is added, these become powerful spiritual practices.  Each
dance will be fully taught, no experience is necessary.
*
*
*
*February 14th, Friday at 7-8:30 pm*

bring a flashlight!

Contact:
Amara Karuna
amara at mindspring.com <mailto:amara at mindspring.com>
808 982 6755

*

*Hand's on the Land Workday and Tour
*

*Thursday*2/20/2020 @ 9:30 am, let us know if you're coming

Cost: Free.

party at La'akea. The morning will start by getting acquainted and
learning about the project before proceeding to work. We will work with
the land and the plants for about two hours and then take a tour of
La'akea for about 1.5 hours.

More Info: call Tracy for more info at 808-443-4076 or reply to this
email. PLEASE RSVP

*
*Community**Tour *

*Saturday*, March 7th@ 9:30 am

Cost: Donation, suggested $5-15 if you can. No one turned away.

of our members, to walk you around the land, including our organic
gardens, alternative building methods, off grid solar system, animals
and orchards.

More Info: call Aniko for more info at 808-214-4601 or reply to this
email. PLEASE RSVP