[Laakea-events] April & May Events at La'akea

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Mon Mar 20 16:08:53 HST 2023

La'akea Events in April and May!

Creating Conscious Community-   New Culture Hawaii Spring Camp

Come join us for 7 days of vibrant immersion

in our community lifestyle!

_April 25-May 2nd, 2023   __Big Island, Hawaii_

Application open! [1] No payment due now.

Come early for our _Sacred Touch Retreat!_ [2] April 21-23

_Have you ever dreamed of_

living in a land based community/ family/ tribe

where folks are living simply, co-owning land and sharing power,

and growing wonderful organic food?

_The members of La'akea Community on the Big Island of Hawaii_ invite
you to an intensive, skill building, really fun New Culture camp to help
you learn the skills to create more land based, live-in communities in
your area.

The members here wanted the same things!  We found each other at Network
for New Culture Summer camp, worked together to buy a 23 acre piece of
land on the Big Island, and have co-created La'akea Permaculture
Community (www.permaculture-hawaii.com [3]) successfully since 2004.

Come join us for 7 days, six nights of profound, deeply safe and
nurturing connection with each other. Give your heart, talent, knowledge
and goodwill to the weaving of a beautiful tapestry of communal
experience. With workshops around relationship, self-care, healthy
sensuality, communication and healing modalities, the aim of our rich
program is toward the health and self-actualization of the individual
and the collective.

Our program complements knowledge-sharing with intuitive experiences
like music jams, Tantra _pujas_, cuddle puddles, excursions off the
land, and dance.

This program pivots around a daily community-wide practice of sharing
and being seen called _f__orum_(out of ZEGG community in Germany). The
practice of _forum--_in tandem with the diversity of individual
experiences--carries the group into an energetic that is ever more
interconnected and potent. In this energetic, we are increasingly able
to be fed by the magic of each experience and by the moments and spaces
between.

We welcome you to a life-changing experience and hope to see you here.

Community Tour

Where: La'akea Community

When: April 1st at 9:30am

Who: Aniko Willoughby; 808-214-4601

What: Tour La'akea Community

Cost:  Donation, suggested $10-20 if you can. No one turned away.

of our members, to walk you around the land, including our organic
gardens, alternative building methods, off grid solar system, animals
and orchards.

More Info: Text Aniko for more info at 808-214-4601  PLEASE RSVP

Forum Facilitator Workshop

Where: La'akea Community

When: April 14th-15th, 10am - 5:30pm

Who: Tracy Matfin & Biko 808-443-4076

Cost:  $100 (+$15/lunch or dinner)

Forum is a tool that supports going beyond politeness and surface
expression to the pulsing aliveness within.  Participants experience the
freedom and permission to be who they are and allow others to witness
them this way.  The trust and openness shared on a forum journey bonds
and heals on individual, community, and collective levels.

*HOW IT WORKS: The goal of Forum is to reveal what is alive but not
known to all.  The community sits in a circle, forming a stage for one
person at a time to stand and show what is true for them.  Facilitators
may assist the person (or "presenter") to reveal themselves more deeply.
Afterward, community members may offer reflections, or "mirrors" on what
they saw.  The ideal of Forum is to bring out the beauty of the person,
revealing their highest potential.

*ROLE OF FACILITATOR: The facilitators play a major role in this
process. They act as "midwives" to assist the authentic process which
the presenter undergoes.  They are given the trust of the group to guide
the process according to their experience and intuition.

*WHO THIS TRAINING IS FOR: Forum facilitator training is for those drawn
to serve community as a facilitator, and/or for those who wish to dive
deeper into the forum process.

* This will be an experiential training *
Practicing the role of facilitator in a learning container helps to:

 Discover if it's a path that sings to you
 Build the confidence and experience to serve a room
 Gain exponential wisdom from others

Please Contact Tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com or Text 808-443-4076 to
register and for more information.

Links: