[Laakea-events] Upcoming Events this Winter at La'akea

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Fri Sep 22 16:09:56 HST 2023

Dances of Universal Peace September 23rd
with Amara, Merlady and Robert

Where: Laakea community in the meadow space, come to the first parking
lot or park on the road nearby, walk up to the meadow space

When: 3- 5 pm September 23rd

Cost: Donation

What:
   Dances of Universal Peace (Sufi dances) are easily learned spiritual
folk dances from all traditions, with gentle movements that even
"non-dancers" can greatly enjoy.  Singing sacred, ancient phrases
creates a full body healing vibration, and when conscious movement is
added, these become powerful spiritual practices.  Each dance will be
fully taught, no experience is necessary.  These are interactive and
participatory, not a performance.

Please wash your hands before and after, and do not attend if you feel
ill or have been around someone ill, thanks!

    call Amara at 808-982-6755  for more info. amara at mindspring.com

at La'akea community... between mile markers 14 & 15 on Hwy 130, and
turn maulka on Ala'ili, then go right at the driveway, at the Laakea
sign.

Liberation: Releasing the Past

_with Dr. Stacy Ellis_

Where: La'akea Community

When: October 12th - 17th

More Information:

http://www.karuna-retreats.com/liberation-retreats/

What: A five day workshop on connecting with our inner child,
identifying our imprints, understanding dissociation, exploring
protective defenses and learning tools to upgrade our nervous system.

La'akea Land & Community Tour

Where: La'akea Community

When: October 7th at 9:30am

Who: Aniko Willoughby; 808-214-4601

Cost: Donation, suggested $10-20 if you can. No one turned away.

What:  Come join us for a tour of our community! Allowo Aniko, one of
our members, to walk you around the land, including our organic gardens,
alternative building methods, off grid solar system, animals and
orchards.

More Info: Text Aniko for more info at 808-214-4601 PLEASE RSVP

Come Home to Yourself

_with Tracy Matfin & Stewart Blackburn_

Where: Zoom

When: Wednesdays beginning January 10, 2024 at 9:00 am HST

More Information: Come Home to Yourself | Stewart Blackburn [1]

What: We all need a strong diet of self-love to develop into all that we
can be. Without that self-love we cripple ourselves by seeking love from
outside ourselves. This 8-week course is designed to give you insights,
tools, and techniques to live and create from your authentic self.

Dancing in Paradise - Sufi Dance Camp

Where: La'akea Community

When: January 19th - 24th

More Information:

https://danceandsufiretreats.com/dancing-in-paradise%2C-hi

What: Deepen into the Dances of Universal Peace, meditation, kirtan,
Sufi and other spiritual practices for a weekend, or 6 days.  Each
practice will be fully taught, no experience is necessary. If you cannot
dance, sit and sing!

New Culture Winter Camp

Where: La'akea Community

When: January 31st - February 9th

More Information:
New Culture Winter Camp (newculturehawaii.org) [2]

What: Join us in co-creating safe, nurturing, inspiring community, with
a focus on how we can be deeply connected with each other, with nature
and the world.

Links:
------
[1] https://stewartblackburn.com/come-home-to-yourself