[Laakea-events] Early bird deadline: Dancing in Paradise Retreat!

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Sun Oct 29 07:37:15 HST 2023

Come to Hawaii and Dance in the warm jungle!

Join us for* Dances of Universal Peace
* Kirtan and Sufi Zikr (singing)
* Breath and Walking Meditations
* Ecstatic Dance and Yoga
* Group music making and Rumi Cafe talent sharing
* Healing Ritual and Spiritual Discussions
* Intentional Community Land Tour
* Visit a sacred volcanic warm pool and steam vents
More info:
Dancing in Paradise [1]
****************************
Deepen into the Dances as a spiritual practice, with an emphasis on the
Hawaiian and earth based traditions. Each dance will be fully taught, no
experience is necessary. If you cannot dance, sit and sing!

Sharing hearts: Enjoy the company of those inclined to a spiritual path,
with deep discussion and connection
Relax: and really enjoy a renewing vacation in paradise, with time for
meditation, song and interfaith prayer.
Explore: the lush natural wonders of the actively volcanic Big Island of
Hawaii. Enjoy a journey to a nearby warm pool one afternoon.
Experience: Land based intentional community life on an established
permaculture farm!
With
Sheikh Gayan Gregory Long
Gayan is an acclaimed drummer, composer, leader of the Dances of
Universal Peace, spiritual mentor, retreat leader, and storyteller. He
has dedicated his life to awakening human potential through music,
devotional practices, pithy teachings, and community celebration. Gayan
is a direct disciple of Pir Shabda Kahn, the lead teacher of the Sufi
Ruhaniat International's school of western Sufism. He has shared the
Dances world wide and and led retreats with some of the foremost
spiritual leaders of our time.
Sheikha Amara Wahaba Karuna
Amara has been leading the Dances of Universal Peace since 1985 and has
been very involved in mentoring new Dance leaders. She has been on
teaching staff for five Sufi Camps has led many weekend retreats, zikrs
and rituals which included the Dances. She specializes in Dances from
the Goddess and Earth traditions, and leads with lively humor and
devotion. She is a Sheikha (teacher) in the SRI lineage of Western
Sufism. She also lives at the intentional community where we will be
dancing, and is one of the members there.
We welcome guest teachers and musicians!
See the details at
https://danceandsufiretreats.com/dancing-in-paradise%2C-hi

Early Discount deadline: Pay in full by November 1st and save $50 on
full event tickets!
*Full Retreat Residential ticket: $725- 900 sliding scale, includes 3
great organic meals a day, and dorm or camping space, and all
programming.

Kamaaina Prices (Off Site locals only, no early bird discounts, send a
deposit at least):
*Offsite full event with meals: $525 (you stay somewhere else, but have
meals with us.)
*Offsite full event no meals: $400 (you stay somewhere else, and bring
your meals.)
Pay in full for these two offsite options for locals:
*Offsite Weekend Fri evening- Sunday before dinner, with meals: $300
non-residential tickets including 6 meals
*Offsite Weekend Fri evening- Sunday before dinner, no meals: $225
non-residential tickets

Registration form:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSduBw67pVE6SwtH1BxwD_F0f9RHov3Y3CACCjorKt4BnmNM5w/viewform

New Culture Winter Camp Jan 31-Feb 9, 2024 [2]

Join us for 10 days, 9 nights of emotionally intelligent, poly-friendly,

open hearted, community minded New Culture!

New Culture people are dedicated to examining every aspect of our
existing cultures and experimenting to find out how to create a world
based on love and freedom, rather than fear and violence.

This camp will be an intensive personal growth experience held at
La'akea Community, on our lush, permaculture, rainforest land.

Join us in co-creating safe, nurturing, inspiring community, with a
focus on how we can be deeply connected with each other, with nature and
the world.

Come celebrate, be challenged, and enjoy yourself on the land and beach
as we share our talents, knowledge and hearts with each other.

Our rich program will have a focus on a gathering of the tribe, a
sustainable culture of interconnections, including classes in
communication skills, massage, boundaries and polyamory, and more as
well as cuddle puddles, gender circles, Tantra Pujas and a creativity
sharing Cabaret night.

The daily schedule will include space for morning yoga, ZEGG-style
forums, three meals and time for an afternoon snooze or workshops led by
campers.

 		More info! [2]

Links:
------