[Laakea-events] Upcoming Classes this June at La'akea Community

La'akea Community Announcements laakea-events at permaculture-hawaii.com
Mon May 25 16:52:07 HST 2015

*Classes Offered During Our Summer Internship*
These classes require advanced registration (24 hrs)
Trade Possible, Contact Tracy for more details

6/3 - 6/26/15*
**Community Living Skills:  Boundaries & Self Care, Non-Violent
Communication**, **Peer Support Training*
with Dona Willoughby, Aniko Willoughby & Heidi Morford
These classes are not drop in.  You may drop out at anytime, but you
must attend the beginning class in order to continue.

First Class:
When: Wednesday June 3rd, 2:15- 4:45pm
Where: La'akea Community
Contact: Dona at info at permaculture-hawaii.com
Cost: $25

CONTINUING CLASSES:
When: Fridays 6/5, 6/12, 6/19, 6/26 1:45-3:15pm
When: Wednesdays 6/10, 6/17, 6/24 10:45-12:15
Where: La'akea Community
Contact: Dona at info at permaculture-hawaii.com
Cost: $10- $20 sliding scale, per class.

introduction to some of the skills we use at La'akea Community to help
bring us connection and balance, which greatly enhance our ability to
communicate effectively.  We teach these classes to our interns and have
been asked to make them available to our local community as well.

6/4 - 6/26/15*
**Permaculture Classes*

6/4 - Permaculture Principles: Tour La'akea while learning the Basics of
Permaculture with Tracy Matfin
When: Thursday 6/4, 1:45-4pm
Where: La'akea Community
Contact: Tracy at tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com, or 808- 443-4076
Fee: $25

6/8 - Introduction to Permaculture Design with Tracy Matfin
When: Monday 6/8 from 1:45 - 4pm
Location: La'akea Community
Contact: Tracy tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com 808-443-4076
Fee: $25

6/9 - Solar Energy for Home Systems with Donna Fischer of Amazon Power Plus
When: Tuesday 6/9 from 1:45 - 4pm
Location: La'akea Community
Contact: Donna Fischer <amazonpowerplus at gmail.com>
Fee: $25

6/15 - Introduction to Soils and Indigenous Micro-organisms with Dona
Willoughby (Natural Farming Grant Recipient)
When: Monday 6/15 from 1:45 - 4pm
Location: La'akea Community
Contact: Dona info at permaculture-hawaii.com 808-443-4076
Fee: $25

6/16 - TOUR TWO amazing local farms:  GAIA Yoga Gardens and Lyn & Geoff's
When: Tuesday 6/16 from 1:00 - 5pm
Location: La'akea Community
Contact: tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com 808-443-4076
Fee: $30

6/22 - Permaculture Design Continued with Tracy- Must have taken class
on 6/8 to be relevent
When: Monday 6/22 1:45 - 4pm
Location: La'akea Community
Contact: Tracy tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com 808-443-4076
Fee: $25

6/23 - An Overview of Micro & Macro Livestock with Susan Bolman & Tracy
When: Tuesday 6/23 from 1:45 - 4pm
Location: La'akea Community
Contact: tracy at permaculture-hawaii.com 808-443-4076
Fee: $25
on to learn about the animal systems at La'akea Community: Rabbits,
Sheep, Chickens & Bees